June 22, 2010

So....

...yeah. Never thought I would have a blog. Go figure. This is what happens when you stay at home all day with a baby.

Seriously though...God has been showing me so much of His character lately. I've been learning so much from His Word and from fresh rhema everyday that I feel like I'm bursting at the seams sometimes. And I feel like He wants me to share some of it with you. This is out of my comfort zone, but God tells me over and over that my comfort is not always His number one concern!

The name of this blog comes from Jeremiah 17:7-8. In these verses, a man who trusts in the Lord is compared to a tree planted by a stream of water. The water nourishes and sustains the tree because it "extends its roots" toward it. It is my heart's desire to "extend my roots" toward God's streams of living water...may they always be drenched in His love and wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment